Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Snooze

Just a quick change of my Header- My husband took this header picture of our two pets- This is about as compatiable as they ever get- I love how Mars cat has covered her eyes and how Dusty dog is circular. We do have some pictures of Dusty too but Mars is usually the one found lying on the quilts. Napping pets is a common sight in our home- what makes this photo atypical is that they are sleeping in the same spot.Unlike their human masters???(LOL) they don't have to wait for Sunday to have a nap!!!! This picture makes me laugh - perhaps it will give you smile too.
The quilt is a Golden Leaf quilt pattern from an Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine. I made it around 2003- It is template pieced and has the triangle sashing to give the look of movement and topsy turvy leaves. The photo was taken in my grandmother's house in the summer of 2003. I added a pieced maple leaf border so that it would make it large enough for our queen sized bed. If I made this pattern again, I would use deeper tones for all the leaves as you lose some of the leaf points in the lighter valued leaves.
Today is the kind of day meant for quilting - the wind is blowing and the weather cool- A perfect day to stay inside and quilt. Have a great Sunday - hope that it gives you some time to do the things that you love doing best. Perhaps later on, I will be like my pets and find time to have a Sunday nap!
Cheers,
Anna

9 comments:

Garnetrose said...

My machine is broke and I am lost. I will be picking it up Monday. I do my quilting by hand but I put all my pieces together by machine. I have only made about five quilts so far so I am not experienced as you are. I did quilt with my mom when I was young. She did alot of crazy quilts and what they called the postage stamp quilts. Many of them were done with the quilting club she belonged to. I would help her with the cards and it came time to card the sheeps wool that was used for batting. (yah, she did it the really old fashioned way). I helped her with many knotted quilts too.

Maggi said...

A lovely quilt and your new header photo is just great. Hope you got your nap.

Micki said...

Your quilt is wonderful, and it looked like you did so much work on it.
Great job!
Micki

Thimbleanna said...

Love the new header! I think if I had a quilt that beautiful, I might not let my animals on it LOL!

retdairyqueen said...

Hi Anna
Your quilts are beautiful, every one of them
Thankyou for your comments on my blog recently
Fortunately we are not to close to the fires, but close enough for the smoke Can't begin to imagine how bad it was for the people directly effected
Hopefully I will hear from you again
I'am on a big learning curve with this computer
Regards
Illene

Garnetrose said...

I had my blog set on private and did not know it. So if you tried to answer me, that is way. *s*

Irene said...

I love your new header - they both look so cozy snuggled up on the quilt. I also love your maple leaf quilt - just beautiful as is all your work!

Wanda said...

I'm playing "catch up" today...after not having read any blogs at all for about 6 weeks! You didn't let me down...so much beauty and creativity on your posts! I love them all. Everything is perfect! As is dude Kevin at age 2!!! ha ha The log cabin variation is really cool!

Dionne said...

Your new header photo is beautiful. I really love your quilt as well, it looks HUGE! It must have taken some time.
Cheers,
Dionne