Sunday, February 7, 2010

From these hands - One World One Heart


Today I used these two hands to create some gifts for friends and family. I play in the beads when I can.

Photo

I have been reading the blogs on One World One Heart Blogging Festival for a couple of years and thinking I really would like to enter it. Lisa Swifka is the coordinator of this amazing event, whose original purpose was to provide a forum for bloggers to connect with other bloggers.

Jump aboard fellow bloggers and ride with me on this magic carpet ride. If I was a better planner, I might have made something that was quilty related for my giveaway. However, the deadline looms and I wanted to do something that was handmade so I have made these bracelets. I will have two winners who will be able to choose from these four bracelets. ( I will give a third away if there are more than 100 names)


Here are the rules- Anyone with a blog may enter (that is Lisa's preference so I want to honor it). It is an international event so I will mail the bracelets to anyone world wide. All you need to do, is leave a comment with a contact email address so that I can let you know that you have won a bracelet.

I will draw two names on February 15th at noon MST and post them as soon as possible. You may have noticed that there is wire in the photos- that is because I want to be able to size it to fit my winners. As a blogger, I have been fortunate to win some great giveaway prizes along my blogging journey. I hope you will come along and join in on the Magic carpet ride.


Other News from my Neck of the Woods:
This past week I received this beautiful thread flower brooch from Deb
of Cold Feet Quilt blog. It is such a beautiful flower, don't you think?

I love the gorgeous detail. What is really cool about this flower is that its made with a UV thread that will change color in the light. The technology can do the most interesting things with thread and fabric these days. Deb does the most fabulous art quilts. She lives in Alaska- Do go and check out her blog if you get a chance.

Thank you for all your interesting comments about last week's post about art. I enjoyed reading all your comments and insights.

Have a great week. I am off to visit more bloggers on my magic carpet.

Regards,

Anna
Post a Comment