Monday, February 15, 2010

We Have Some OWOH Winners...

The One WORLD ONE HEART BLOGGING FESTIVAL is officially over and I have chosen my winners.It has been an astonishing three weeks with nearly 1100 blogs to visit- over 200 bloggers stopped by to see my little old blog - totally amazing. Kudos go to Lisa Swifka, the organizer of One World One Heart.

Today is Family Day here in Alberta so I had the day off from school. At 12 noon I closed off my entries - We printed the list of names and I cut them apart with my rotary cutter(I had a dull blade that proved useful- it made me feel like I had included some quilting activities VBG).
I started out by putting all the folded entries in this lovely purple purse. It is a handknit purse that has been felted _ I bought it at a silent auction recently.
By the time I was done the purse was pretty full, so my son suggested that we put the entries in a larger bag. We moved them all to this gorgeous Laurel Burch bag I was recently given:


My son, Kevin shook them and stirred them all around and then drew the following names:

My gold medal winner is Arlette from Costa Rica.
My silver medal winner is Sara of New Hampshire.
MY bronze medal winner is Brigit of Germany.

And because there were so many entrants, I drew a fourth name Cherry of Georgia I will be sending her the last bracelet.


Congratulations to all the winners!!

I wish I could have sent you all a bracelet-I enjoyed all your comments. When you get a chance, do come and visit my blog again.

I hope others were able to visit the many blogs around the globe- there are many wonderful artists sharing their love of expressing themselves in some unique and creative ways.
I am off to trim some quilt blocks.

I will leave you with this funny photo of me and my lap dog Dusty( Can you see her sitting under my laptop)


Regards,
Anna

17 comments:

Sara said...

I was so excited to be one of your winners...Thanks so much...

Orcsmom said...

Congrats to all of the lucky winners!! And thank you Anna, for your talent and generousity! I love the lap dog!! Congrats on your gold medal win last night. What a great story! I think there are a lot of wannabe Canadians down here in the lower 48!! Take care my friend.

Hugs!

Pam

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations to your winners! What a cute lap dog LOL!

QuiltSue said...

Congratulations to all the winners.

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Congratulations to your winners. I love Dusty. I will be mailing out your basket very soon. Hugs Angela

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Dusty really does have the best spot. Warmth from your lap and warmth from your laptop. One smart d-a-w-g! You are funny in the picture, yet looking oh, so comfortable. Congratulations to your winners. They are pretty luck to be sporting one of your bracelets. Very nice.

Kim D. said...

Cute little lap dog Anna.. Mine love to do that as well. Congrats to your winners.

Wanda said...

I'm so glad your drawing was so much fun and so successful!!! Your blog always makes me happy!

Micki said...

Congrats the winners! They were wonderful prizes!
Micki

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Congratulations to all the winners!
I totally love your lap dog!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, how much do I love that first bag? Gorgeous!

Ozjane said...

Love the photo.....these animals will go anywhere do anything....as long as it is with us. Lovely.
And after all I said.....I did remember the OWOH project ...think I even entered. No brains in the sieve like head

Gigi's Thimble said...

Anna,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway. I love the bracelets you made. Jewelry making is one hobby that I think I would enjoy but have only done a little bit. You seem to have an eye for it though. Take care! Amber

Meggie said...

Congratulations to your winners!
I love the photo of your "Lapdog"!How cute.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Congrats to your winners!!!!
Happy Family day.

Sheri said...

That little purple purse is sooo cute!

Sheila said...

Hello Anna - I was happy to find your blog tonight but noticed this is an old post. I live two hours north of you and am a retired Kindergarten teacher. I always have a quilt project on the go. Sunshine Always - Sheila