Thursday, September 25, 2008

Do I really want a blog?



Blog or not to blog, that is a question that I have been pondering for many months. I have enjoyed being a reader of blogs for well over a year. Many times I have been asked where is your blog and I have responded " I am content to be Anna NO Blog". I am still not sure about this decision to be the writer rather than the reader. Some of my reluctance comes from my limited knowledge of the technology that goes with being a blogger and the rest of it stems from whether I want to quilt or to spend my leisure time blogging rather than quilting. Like most people, I have a busy life that is filled with the demands of work ( I am a kindergarten teacher by profession) and home. Balance is not my middle name!!!!

However, it appears that I have chosen to leap into the blog world so I hope that you will bear with me while I find my way with the technology.

I first started quilting as a younger woman when I was pregnant with my son. He is now 20. My first attempts to make a quilt was a log cabin "quilt in a day" (more like two years for me) pattern. I used double polyester batting as the center layer. Quilting it was like wrestling with a bear to stuff it through my sewing machine arm space. After that, it was a good while before I quilted again. My son got bigger and I wanted to do something that I could do for my own pleasure so I returned to quilting - this time a little more seriously and I have been playing with fabric ever since. I have been an active quilter since 1996. I have tried a number of techniques, but I guess you would say I am a traditional quilter who makes colorful bed quilts - often large bed quilts . Remember what I said about balance!!!! I have lost count of how many - perhaps one day I will sit and figure it out for you :D

Picture: This queen sized quilt was made for a niece and her husband as a wedding gift in June. It was the first of three wedding quilts this summer.

Until next time,
Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,

Anna
Post a Comment