Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving


Today we celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving- it is a time for a family dinner and in my house, to sing Happy Birthday to my husband. We are having a low key day- it is raining outside and the sky is kind of drab looking. Bruce took this picture(I think on a walk when he was in Victoria last fall) but I loved the fall colors with the berries and the leaves. I love the rich colors of the fall..

Bruce is a man of many talents- a wonderful writer,a good cook, a passionate astronomer, a lovely photographer and my best friend. He is getting the ham ready as I write.. We will have ham and potato bake(a dish from his mother's cookbook)and my favorite vegetable- turnip. You think it was my birthday and not his..

I am not sure if a couple of our son's friends will be here or not but, if not, it will be a small family dinner. Some years we have gone to friends or to one of our family's home for dinner - this year it may simply be us. However we celebrate it is nice just to be together.

Just a postscript regarding yesterday's star coin quilt. The pattern is from a book called "A World of Quilts" by Beth Ann Williams. The pattern name is African Coins. There are other lovely patterns in that book too- it was published by Martingale in 2003.

I wish one and all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. May you find yourselves enjoying the company of good friends and loved ones.
Post a Comment