Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving


Today we celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving- it is a time for a family dinner and in my house, to sing Happy Birthday to my husband. We are having a low key day- it is raining outside and the sky is kind of drab looking. Bruce took this picture(I think on a walk when he was in Victoria last fall) but I loved the fall colors with the berries and the leaves. I love the rich colors of the fall..

Bruce is a man of many talents- a wonderful writer,a good cook, a passionate astronomer, a lovely photographer and my best friend. He is getting the ham ready as I write.. We will have ham and potato bake(a dish from his mother's cookbook)and my favorite vegetable- turnip. You think it was my birthday and not his..

I am not sure if a couple of our son's friends will be here or not but, if not, it will be a small family dinner. Some years we have gone to friends or to one of our family's home for dinner - this year it may simply be us. However we celebrate it is nice just to be together.

Just a postscript regarding yesterday's star coin quilt. The pattern is from a book called "A World of Quilts" by Beth Ann Williams. The pattern name is African Coins. There are other lovely patterns in that book too- it was published by Martingale in 2003.

I wish one and all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. May you find yourselves enjoying the company of good friends and loved ones.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hope the dinner was a wonderful treat and the day was comfy and special.

Purple Pam said...

I thought of you on this day, and hoped that all Canadian quilters and their families would have a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving.

I like your coins quilt. It is a good way to use up those little pieces of scrap fabrics. I have a couple of patterns that use small pieces like that. I want to make them, but they are still oh my "To Do" list!

MarmiteToasty said...

Popped over from meggies blob..... :) and like her blob yours is such a delight ....

Im just getting ready to start on the road to quilting lol that sounds like the name of a book.... quilting is something that Ive always wanted to do, but never had the time or opportunity to do it... dont know when Im gonna find the time though, but still, gradually Im gathering the tools of the trade and then I will attempt to make me first ever quilt, I might finish it by the year 2020 lol....

x

Patty said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving ! I really like your starry night quilt. I smiled when I looked at it closly realizing I had many of those same fabrics in my stash.

Micki said...

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.
Anna, you have been tagged! Go to my blog to find out the info and rules.LOL
Micki